Tuesday, October 24, 2006

More Yarnbeck Stuff and a Lovely Surprise

O.K. I stole the Yarnbeck thing from Kate because I laughed outloud. On to the loot.
I want to tell you all that this spindle was really the only thing on my list of things to buy. I failed at sticking to the list. The fleeces don't count though because they are for the store. Anyhoo.
Somebody told me last year before I went to Rhinebeck not to get a Goldiong Spindle because they aren't very balanced. I did not feel confident enough a year ago to try them out so I just took her word for it. All year I have regretted it. When I got there this was the first thing I got. I tried out several in different weights and had a hard time deciding. Not only were they ALL balanced but they spin forever. And beauty to boot.
This is lovely and soft and colorful and beautiful. It's called Phoenix blend from Shadeyside Farm. It has alpaca and silk and merino and some sparkley stuff. I really love it. As the guy was packing it up for me - I got 8 ounces - he told me how it came to be. They were getting ready to come to the festival and had their fibers in a room in the house. While they were off doing other things the dog decided to help. He tore out all of the fibers into a nice pile on the floor. I'm not sure though if the dog's name is Phoenix or if it's just that suckers like me will buy anything rising from the ashes. It does spin up nicely though.
A few patterns from Briar Rose. I wanted some more yarn but since I bought some in Alleghan and haven't even wound it yet I decided to just buy a few patterns and order the yarn later.

And last but not in the least bit, umm, least, my Spinning Roving Swap Package has arrived. I love it all. I think Gina and I have been friends before and I'm not aware of it. She sent perfectly beautiful stuff. Ingeo and wool and merino and silk and a lovely little cascade spindle to spin some laceweight. Oh, don't forget the Chocolate AND made by her own talented hands some beautiful little stitch markers peaking out from behind the note. Love.

O.k. Boston Legal's coming on and I have been talking too much to you people over the last few days. Don't worry, I'll be in touch. I think I'm taking over the Spinning Loft on Monday. WooHoo!

3 comments:

Kate A. said...

Okay, I have been sipping a little wine...but I think it was your post that made me drunk.

And Happy Monday!!!!!!

Gina said...

I think you're right - we have been friends before. Enjoy the goodies!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I have the same spindle and I absolutely love it. Happy spinning!