Here are my answers to the questions:
1) How long have you been spinning?
Off and on for about 2 years but regularly for about a year.
2) Are you a beginner, novice, or experienced spinner?
I would call myself a novice. I seem to be able so spin laceweight but I'm having trouble with thicker yarns.
3) Do you spin on a drop spindle or wheel, or both?
Both. I have five drop spindles. All are different weights. I'm also working on using my set of Russian support spindles.
4) What types and weights of drop spindles (or what type of spinning wheel(s) ) do you currently own?
All of my drop spindles except one are top whorl - which I am partial to. I don't know their weights but they vary from very light up to stupid heavy. I can add more about weights later.
I also have an Ashford Traditional set up with a lace flyer and double Treadle. I love my Ashford traveler which I use for everything else and I will be bringing home very soon a Schacht Reeves Saxony Double treadle. It's in the store. I just need to make the last payment. I've already spun on her a couple of times and it's like Butta.
5) What type of fibers have you spun with before?
Last year I got a tiny bit of many kinds of wool from Rhinebeck and have been working on that. I've also had some wool mixed with silk. The last thing I tried was Quiviut but that's the only non-wool fiber I've spun.
6) What fibers do you prefer to spin with?
Obviously wool since I haven't really gone out of that realm.
7) What fibers do you dislike?
8) Do you prefer natural colored fibers, or handpainted/dyed fiber?
Not really particular. I've been mostly using natural colors but I do love me a little color.
9) Would you prefer all one type of roving or smaller amounts of different types to sample?
Again, I can't say I'm very particular.
10) What are you favorite colors?
Earth tones, greens, rust, red.
11) What colors do you dislike?
12) What would you like to do with your handspun yarn, or what do you plan to do with it? (pattern clarification here)
My goal is to someday design a shawl for my laceweight and if I can ever get anything o.k. in a thicker yarn a cardigan would be great.
13) What spinning projects are you currently working on?
Leicester longwool - going for a plied fingering weight and cormo laceweight.
14) Do you have a wishlist?
Not really other than a Golding spindle which I expect to pick up at Rhinebeck this year. The Reeves wheel should keep me happy for a long time. But I can't find my wpi gauge anywhere.
15) What are your other favorite hobbies?
I knit - a lot. I like to read. I also work with my puppy with obedience stuff. She is a 9 month old Red and White Basset Hound.
16) Do you have any allergies (pet, smoke, food, fiber,etc...)?
Not that I know of. If anyone could get rid of the Michigan cottonwod trees though that would be great.
17) What is your preferred shipping method (USPS, UPS, FedEx)?
I have no preference. They all come here since my husband has a home office.
That should do it. Any more questions? I'm always happy to help.
See you at the swap.