Sunday, June 28, 2009

What can I say? It's been a busy week as usual. There was planning, organizing, giving Chelsea a hard time, giving Ryan a hard time, giving Maggie a hard time. Lousmith was out of town and so I didn't give him much of a hard time because we were both busy and didn't talk much.
There were lots of new deliveries this week including some fabulous Alpaca/Wool blend from Louet, some newly processed Dorste Horn roving from a Pennsylvania farm near my parents and processed at Zeilingers, some fantastic Targhee top that I bought from a local farm and had processed at Zeilingers.
This is a new Bond fleece that was flown in from Colorado. The color is fantastic, the crimp is lovely and it is strong and clean. I may be having an affair with this fleece.
I can't remember some stuff...these are the support spindles from Houndesign and I just like them in that tiny vase.
The wall of spindles is looking sparse. I'm still waiting on a couple of spindle makers. Hope, hope, hope.
Friday Lousmith came home and off we went to the annual Michigan Cahllenge Balloon Festival that happens right here in Howell. We went to watch the launch and then went to the carnival. The kids each won a prize for their dart throwing talents and there was the bumper cars and then a snack of snow cones and back home.

Saturday we went again for the glow. When we were driving up to park, this is what we saw. So many balloons.
What happens on Sazturday night every year if the weather is good is there is a lauch and the balloons are then gathered up and brought back to the launch field to be inflated again before dark.
As night comes there is the glow. The ballons all stay on the field and light their fires at the same time that makes the balloons glow. it is so beautiful adn we try to make it every year.
Just lovely.
And then some photos just because. masham love. I have rigpped this project once and will begin again as soon as I am done with this post.
And the Tabacheck low whorls and Tibetan Spindles. I love what he is doing with the colorplay. That's new. No high whorls in this shipment. I'll pay the bill and see if he'll send them quick!

If you are reading this and aren't on my email list, the shop will be closing at 5PM on Thursday the 2nd, and will be closed on Friday and Saturday the 3rd and 4th of July. have a happy weekend and I will have photos of my upcoming fun weekend in Ohio.

3 comments:

Denny says Hi kids said...

your kids are so cute.

my7kids said...

Great spindles!

The crimp on that fleece you got looks just like all this raw Corrie I have... but we process it here at the house. You won't BELIEVE the loft when it is carded!

Darlin your knitting geek code is messed up at the bottom of your page...

Nikki
jesus_iscomin on twitter
My7kids Recycled Yarn Shop
HeartFeltFun Accessory Boutique
Fluff4ewe Batts and Handspuns!
My Thoughts on Life, Yarn, Kids, and Other Stuff

Deborah Robson said...

So. That Colorado Bond. Joanna Gleason's, right? Who else's could it be. Affair. Yes. One of those affairs that tempts one to lifelong commitment. Oh, my. I have some, too. It followed me home from Estes Park Wool Market. Not much was allowed to ride back to town with me. The Bond was completely irresistible. Crimp, staple length, wow.