Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Solstice Celebration Breakdown

Yes, Jillian was here for the party. See the wet spot on her skirt. Still not sure what happened there.
The lovely Carla and poetic Erica were spinning and plying away. (By the way, Carla is selling her single treadle Matchless. It's been impeccably cared for and is a lovely golden color. Contact me directly if you've been looking for a used Matchless)
Evil Michelle was practicing her longdraw from the fold.
Erica and Jofran made the long trek to soak up some pleasant summer weather on the Spinning Loft porch.
Maggie graced us with her presence and pretty smile.
There were discussions about the benefits of one wheel or another for a new spinner.
And I made this. Even with how busy we were that day I still found time to spin up some stuff I found in the closet. Some kind of wool/silk blend. 164 yards. About worsted weight. 3-ish ounces. Spun supported long draw on the Little Gem. I like this yarn. I finished the skein by a hot water soak with the Sola scent of SOAK and I can't stop sniffing the skein!
(I love Soak because of the no rinsing. And for those of you who are not loving scents there is a scent free version. Out of stock on the Sola now but it's in transit and should be here by the end of the week.)

It was a lovely day. So many people came and I didn't get a photo of everyone because I forgot my camera and Chelsea filled in like a champ.

Our next big party is in August with a sleepover and sale and all kinds of fun.

Now I'm off to do some hooping so I can gat the next 20 pounds off and get me one of these.

1 comment:

AsKatKnits said...

Moistness in Mecca is unavoidable!

I love the pictures and I am sad I missed the day!