Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spring? and the High Fiber Diet

On Wednesday I wasn't feeling very well and so I came home from the shop early and was greeted with this first sign of spring here in Michigan.
I only bring this up becasue today it's snowing. I'm not sure what to say about this other than I sort of expect one more bigish snowfall in early April and though I will be disappointed I will not be surprised.
Let's talk about fun stuff instead. On Saturday the girls from the Podcast called The High Fiber Diet. It was quite fun to have them in the shop. The lovely lady above is Bam. Hilarious and fun and cute. We talked about her hair getting caught in her spinning and knitting. We talked about all the lovely fibers and I'm most definite that she took plenty of raw fleece home with her.
This is Coggie. We could be best friends. The fibers I love she also loves, the ones I hate she also hates and we both agree that we are happy to have others who love to dye since it is not our favorite. We had long discussions about long draw and why it is that she hasn't looked at the Spindlicity Videos.
And this is BethanyG handing over the cold hard cash cause that's how I roll. We discussed silk and silk hankies and ways to spin them or not spin them and knit right from the stretched out hanky.
The High Fiber Diet is avaialble for download from iTunes for free. I do download it from there and then switch it over to my Zune so if you don't have an iPod don' be scared.
This week there will be loom warping and spinning and fun. I'll try to remember to take pictures.



3 comments:

Jody said...

I have to tie back my hair when I am spinning too. It always gets caught up in my yarns!

Unknown said...

Why didn't you use the picture that showed off my skinny arms? You're so in trouble! (whine whine whine) It was a great visit, thank so much.

Coggie said...

We had a blast at the shop! Thank you for the interview. I agree, you and I could be trouble if we got together too much. Hmm, need to talk to the Sarge huh.