Thursday, November 09, 2006

It's Definitely Been A Circus Around Here


Last night we went to opening night of Ringling Brothers at the Palace in Auburn Hills. First I have a complaint. When you go to the Palace there is no where to park except for in the lot of the venue. They charge $10.00 to park there. There is no other choice. We went there last year to see Princesses on Ice. I had the same complaint.

Anyway, I've only been to the tiny rinky dink circuses before. I didn't expect much. Honestly, I thought it was great. I don't know about the Greatest Show on Earth. It was good though. The first picture is of the Llamas and clowns. Fiber animals at the circus. Who knew?

How about a few elephants. Brittney, my in-college activist says we shouldn't have gone because of the animal abuse in the circus. I don't know where I stand on all of that. She's always finding something to argue with me about though.

The kids loved it and the price was right. Opening night tickets were only ten bucks anywhere in the place.

Now, I know what you're thinking. Where has the knitting content gone? Does this girl even knit at all anymore? Well yes as a matter of fact she does.

I'm working on this sweaterIt's from Sarah Dallas' Vintage Knits. I dug it out of the UFOs a little over a week ago. I bought the yarn in Pennsylvania about 4 years ago. It's Katia Surf. 100% Acrylic. I'm usually against acrylic. Doing my part to conserve oil and not pollute the environment. Anyway, this stuff is soft and drapey and lovely to touch. I made the top a little longer than shown. It's not for me -it's a gift.


That's pretty much the right color. Yes, I'm using Turbos. I started it on turbos back when I hadn't been experimenting with tools. I still don't love them but I'm worried about the gauge changing so I'll finish what I started.

I also made this hat for Maggie. No pattern. She loves it. I made it from Berrocco Ultra Alpaca. I wish I had made the pompon a little fuller. I still have a lot of yarn left so I can try again.

And here are the red eye kids. Anybody know what to do about that. This picture is with the Red Eye flash on.

3 comments:

--Deb said...

The color for that sweater is just lovely! And good luck with your spinning store! (Man, I wish we had one nearby....)

hesira said...

Thanks for the encouraging comments on my blog. I was just feeling irritated with myself.

The shop looks wonderful. That really is a great space.

When I upload pics to my computer, the program I use has a red eye correcter. I just click the button, put the x on the red eye and click. That usually takes care of it.

Very cute kids, red eyes or not, and the circus pics are great!

Kate A. said...

The kids are adorable, even in their demon aspect. And that pink! My very favorite kind of pink - can't wait to see how the sweater turns out!