Friday, August 11, 2006

Lace Swap

My Laceswap pal got her package! And she likes it! I was worried and nervous. Here is her link. Her blog is cute and very pleasant to read. I think I have a new long distance friend. I also think I will be participating in some more swaps. I haven't even gotten my package yet but the nice feeling I have now just from her happiness is lovely. Sounds kind of dumb to say it out loud and isn't that what our mothers always said? And isn't that what I'm always saying to my children? I'm a big dork.

Anyway. Not much more progress to be seen on the shawl but the good news is that I'm down to about 30 minutes for 2 rows now. I have around 170 stitches left on the needles. Only 320 rows to go! Yay!

Today I'm going down to the Spinning Loft. Betty will be at the shop today from 1-5 waiting for a delivery so I'm going to go and have her show me the right way to wash fine wool. I bought a shetland fleece from her about 2 years ago. I was a new spinner. I wrecked it with my washing technique. Now I love to spin laceweight yarn and I have about 4 pounds of dirty cormo. I've had it for 6 months. I'm petrified to touch it. I need an up close and personal lesson. Here is the fiber dirty. When I get it clean I'll show you.

Yesterday I washed some Leicester Longwool that I got at Rhinebeck last year and figured I would give it a go. I have 4 ounces of the white and about 8 ounces of the grey.

I have to get spinning! Too much to do. Something has to go. I think it will be..... housework and cooking! Well maybe not cooking but definitely housework.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should get the swap pal medal, i think. i'm all shades of jealous!

Anonymous said...

Well done Beth - no need to be nervous - Ailsa was singing your praises to me today. Nicely done with the lace swap

Nickerjac said...

what an amazing parcel you sent glad to hear you are enjoying the experience