Monday, August 21, 2006

And Again I Am Broke

I saw this backpack last year at Rhinebeck. It wasn't this fabric. I loved the style but didn't like what they had at their booth - Ellen's 1/2 Pint Farm that is. So I ordered one in June. Shortly after I got it my friend found out she was moving so I loaded the pack up with a pattern, some lovely wool from Black Water Abbey and some needles and handed it over as a going away present. She loved it. I missed it so I got a replacement. I didn't have to pay shipping this way. Saved myself money, right?
This magazine and the little flyer I got from Galina at the Skaska booth. I love Galina. She is my hero. She invited me to a Russian Lace knitting workshop that will be in Denver in April. They will be at the Marriott renaissance and have rooms reserved for $95 per night. I'm so tempted but Brittney will be coming home from school around then and the hubby may have tickets for the Frozen Four (College Hockey Finals) earlier in the month in St Louis. Anyway, too many trips and stuff that month. If anyone else is interested I would be glad to pass along the info.
This yarn is from Briar Rose. The colors are fabulous. I also got a pattern for the one on the left. It is 1000 yards of 50% merino and 50% tencel. The other is 100% merino fine laceweight 2500 yards. They are beautiful. I have some other stuff to do first but these will definitely be on the short list.
These Stitch Markers are also from Briar Rose. I think they are from polymer clay. The colors are delightful and they are a gift to a lovely lady who helped teach Maggie to knit.
These books and needles are from Susan's Fiber Shop. The yellow double points are pony pearls size 0 because I'm sick of worrying about breaking my wooden needles when traveling with socks and the circulars are from Grafton Fibers hand turned from Terracotta Wood. I love these needles. The joins are just as great as holz & Stein but he doesn't make any sizes smaller than 5 mm. I don't often knit on anything larger than 4 mm but I may need to come up with a project just for these beauties.
TWO SPINDLES! I was totally out of control. They are both from The Fold. The larger one has a 2 5/8 inch whorl and it is made from tulip wood and rosewood and ebony. This spindle was made in Israel and is fabulous. The little one I just couldn't resist. It is a little off balance but it was screaming my name. It is Mahogany with a polymer clay inlay and weighs 0.3 ounces. I think I can spin some gossamer on this one.
They had a huge display of Socks That Rock. I got one skein in Rose Quartz.


And here was the topper for the week. This is this morning. Maggie is having her first spinning lesson with her new Louet Spindle that she paid for herself with 10 quarters - I think she got the short student discount. I am so proud.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Great haul!

Kate A. said...

Such gorgeous finds! I wish I could take those lessons with Galina, but there's no way...sigh. Not this year.