Monday, March 17, 2008

Fancy

It's been a busy week and I kept neglecting my camera duties. I also have had a bad case of the Februaries and now that we're halfway through March I'm mostly trying to get rid of the disease by deciding that winter is over. I'm wearing my spring clothes and trying my best to avoid the coat. I'm sick of the ice and snow and cold and gray sky and leafless trees.

Now don;t get me wrong, in July I WILL be complaining about the heat. I don't want you to get the wrong idea. I don't like summer more than I don't like winter. I prefer spring and fall.

A big pick-me-up arrived at the shop on Saturday, though.
My darling Jillian. The girl makes me smile just by being in the room. She can make me snort liquids out my nose and makes me feel very good about myself. I stole this picture from her blog cause I didn't get the camera out. Do you all have her books in your collections? You know, Big Girl Knits and More Big Girl Knits? She wrote them with Amy Singer. She also has the cover pattern in the new Classic Elite book called Curvy Knits

In addition to all of this, she loves me. look at that hug. Full of love.

So, because I have forgotten to take photos of goings on I'll share a few of my favorite photos from today. Lisa was taking pictures of fibers for the shop website. (She doesn't have a blog but is Acadia1 on Ravelry.)
This is Forest Fur. A blend of New Zealand Possum and Merino Wool. Three colors but the lightest color is pretty low so I should place an order:-)
Aren't these cocoons beautiful? Makes me want to start reeling...as soon as I finish that scarf and finish spinning for the sweater and finish the feather and fan shawl and and and...
These are the dyed bamboo tops I have. Aren't they beautiful? Lisa really has a talent for the photography. There are other lovely pictures but these were the ones for tonight.
Also, I got a few new things in the mail this week. Two Fancy kitty Carders and a Fancy Kitty Picker. The above carder is Walnut and has a rose design.
I love that Ron Anderson has found a way to make a quality pieces of equipment with beautiful wood that you love to look at.
The picker - it's cherry.
Lovely.
This is the top of the swingy part of the picker. Just beautiful.
And a Cherry carder to match with the same carved design.

Ron Anderson is the guy that makes these Fancy Kitty carders and he's also the guy who makes the carders for Howard Brush so you know he knows what he's doing. I love them.

Off to figure out this website stuff:-) Not my strong area.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Nice visitor, nice fiber, nice pickers and carders! I can hardly wait to see you in a mere two weeks! :-)

Lisa said...

Wow you have lots of great new stuff! He must be quite the craftsman. Those woods are gorgeous.

Redford Phyl said...

I think I need some Forest Fur. Yep, I need some Forest Fur. And the stash increases. Sigh.

Kate A. said...

Does all this work on the web site mean you'll be taking web orders by...say...next fall when I'll be wanting to make them? Just asking! :-)