Sunday, December 16, 2007

To My Grammy

Dear Grammy,
I made you these fingerless mitts for Christmas. I got the very easy pattern from Knitty.com. They are called Voodoo Wrist Warmers. I knitted them from a Merino Wool and Silk blend yarn that I made on my spinning wheel. I love the color and I think they will be warm for you. I used US size 3 double pointed needles to knit them. I like this pattern because of the button hole thumb (my friend Shannah told me about it). I have also enclosed the remaining yarn in case you want to use it for something.

Now before you start saying all of the things I know you'll say, please let me answer your questions.

Yes, your fingers are hanging out the ends. I have a pair of these - also from Knitty - called Fetching and I wear them all of the time. I can dig in my purse and knit and dial the phone and everything with them on. I wear mine to almost every hockey game. I thought they might come in handy for you when you are at the flea market on Sundays. If someone wants to buy something you can give them change and never take your mitts off.

The magical thing is that if you keep your wrists warm your hands feel warmer. I think you will be happy with these. Please try them out.

And Merry Christmas.
Love Bethy

2 comments:

Obsidian Kitten said...

They came out great!!!!

I'm in love with the creamsicle color...

Anonymous said...

Lucky Grammy! Beautiful spinning!!