Thursday, June 07, 2007

Bed of Roses?

I'm trying to not get behind again so here's what I've been doing since Tuesday night. I wound these two balls of Briar Rose yarn. The one on top is Angel Face (2500 yards). It's alpaca. That one took forever to wind but it is a beauty. I need to find an appropriate pattern for it.
The one in the middle is Sea Pearl. 50% Merino and 50% Tencel. (1000 yards) That one took less than half the time to wind. (That was a joke.)
The one on the bottom is just funny and I'm not sure what it's made out of. I think it's pretty fine and strong like silk.

I started this today from the Sea Pearl using the After Hours Shawl Pattern for Briar Rose.
I've had this yarn for a while but I figured I'd better get to work since I'll be needing a shop sample! Yep, I'm going to be carrying the Briar Rose yarns in my shop! Well, I'll have a good selection of the Angel Face and Sea Pearl and then the others I'll have sample skeins and can do special orders.
I love these fibers and can't wait to have them. Don't worry, I'll only think about rolling naked in them - I won't actually do it. What if someone walked in?

4 comments:

historicstitcher said...

Your daughter with the yarn is probably the best photo of yarn cakes I've see yet!

Let me know if you want any more samples knitted for the shop :) I'd be happy to play with luscious yarn...

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, Briar Rose. Always reminds me of Sleeping Beauty (my fav. Disney movie of all time).

I have some of the loveliness to knit with that I happened upon at the Greencastle Fiber Fest in April.

Oh, and there are a lot of yarns that I would love to roll naked in. ;)

elizabeth marley said...

You can roll around naked in the yarn. We're not here to judge.

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Love the photos! You'll be glad to know that I am back to knitting lace. Now if only I can get the gauge correct for the FPS...
=:8