Friday, May 25, 2007

Disjointed

There are bunches of unrelated tidbits to talk about today. First, here's Betty demonstrating the weaver's cross to me in class. I got a little befuddled and she was happy to redemonstrate - again - the correct hand position to avoid snarly tangles.
I have the reed threaded and now to the heddles. I'm doing a rosepath design with unmercerized cotton and if I can get the heddles threaded this week I'll have a picture to show.
Maggie in her "sleeping goggles." Makes me giggle every time she says it. She actually sleeps with them on, too. Hilarious!Here's another Maggie picture from yesterday. Check out those crazy teeth! The one that looks a little discolored in the front was loose yesterday and she spent hours eating things and wiggling it. Those extra teeth in the back are obviously in the wrong spot but the dentist said not to worry, they would move into the correct spot as soon as the front teeth fall out. One fell out this morning so now she's working on the next one.
Last night we went to Pirates of the Caribbean - 10 PM show. Here are the big girls in front of the movie poster.
And Brittney with some enthusiastic movie goers.
It was a pretty good movie. Very entertaining. The ending wasn't what I wanted to happen but I wasn't the writer...
Today I'm exhausted. The show is 2 hours and 45 minutes long. So we were leaving the theater at 1 AM. You're talking about a girl who sits down in Jammies by 8 PM most nights. I'm old. The party girl who used to be in me is gone.
Here I'm home. Should be cleaning. My parents are coming in the middle of June so i should be getting the house straight. Instead I keep reading my old Spin Off magazines and came across a couple of past Wild Fibers. I really want to spin. Unfortunately the wheel, Schacht Reeves Saxony, I want to use is at the shop as a floor model. It really is mine. I bought it retail last year. It was worth every penny.

One more thing. Check this out. My friend Carolyn is a really good artist and is working on getting her work out there. This is just one painting for now but I'm sure there'll be more sheep soon.

2 comments:

Obsidian Kitten said...

i was wondering how the movie was! =)

meanwhile, i'm writing about you again lol

Anonymous said...

Those are really cute sheep! Thanks for the link!