Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Miss Me?

That is a picture of Ryan last Monday. We went out to eat and when we were leaving the restaurant there was this motorcycle. He loves them. No, we didn't just stick him on some one's motorcycle. They were there and asked him if he wanted to try it out. It is a nice bike.

I actually didn't realize that I had posted so long ago. Time flies when...well, not so much.
Lou took the kids to see the Phillies home opener and so I had this past 5 days on my own. I thought I'd relax and maybe clean the house - yeah, right. Instead I was at the ACCOUNTANT for almost a whole day! and just a bunch of stuff was going on so I was on the run the whole time.

Fun thing is I went to Frankenmuth to take two Wensleydale fleeces for processing. I kept the best two to wash myself. I have a black on and a white one. The current HGA learning exchange is a Wensleydale study and since I love the fleece I thought I'd join in.

I also have a most beautiful Jacob fleece that I've basically hidden. Can't decide whether or not I want to sell it.
In addition to the washing of fleeces and paperwork and other nonsense, I've been spinning my first skein for the HGA COE in Handspinning. This skein was done on my Golding 1.3 ounce spindle. It has 50 WPI and 7654 YPP. I use Blue Faced Leicester Top. I love this skein.

Next skein will be using a support spindle. I haven't yet decided on a spindle to use. I think I'll spin some Qiviut I have - I think I have about 3 ounces of the stuff. Maybe on my Russian spindles. And in the mean time I've been practicing the Navajo Spindle because in May I need a 1 ounce skein using a large support spindle.

Here's the beauty shot. I'm actually pretty proud.
Tonight we're off to St Louis for the Frozen Four this weekend and back to work on Monday. The shop will be open on Saturday. I have my trusty friend stepping in to help.
Now I just need to figure out who will be in the shop while I'm a SOAR in October or if I should just be closed for the week. ????
Off to do some organizing of this shop so Saturday won't be overwhelming for the girl.


9 comments:

Kate A. said...

Quviut. Quviut. Quviut.

Yummmm.

(Did miss you, btw!)

Anonymous said...

Okay, that's just darn gorgeous.

--Deb said...

That looks beautiful!!

aija said...

I can see why you love that skein!! Gorgeous :)

KnitterBunny said...

Must practice more.

Now I'm envious. :)

elizabeth marley said...

Your spinning looks fantastic!

Anonymous said...

That skein looks fabulous! I'm envious at how fine the yarn is.

hesira said...

Love the picture of Ryan on the bike. My boys would turn green if they saw that.

Gorgeous yarn. You have every right to be proud.

Obsidian Kitten said...

Qiviut--ooooooh!

i'm so glad i got to see the Wensleydale in person. it is glorious. you *should* be proud...

and quite inspiring to someone who'd so quickly forgotten how to use a drop spindle...

i can't wait to try washing the icelandic lambswool and the merino-rambouillet i have. it was such a good day! *blush*
thank you!