Monday, September 22, 2008

It's finished...

I've been having a hard time lately. Did you know that kids can kill you? Well, I'm fighting to stay alive and I fight by spinning and knitting. Calms my nerves. So there's a little closeup of the edging with the beautiful Sworavski crystals I found that look fantastic on it.
This is the shawl I began spinning at the beginning of the summer. Four different batt blends from Abby all in one shawl. The fibers are all different and the textres change from the neck of the shawl to the edging. But I love it.
These colors are more accurate, believe it or not. I love this shawl and shall be wearing it a lot. Now to decide whether to wear it at SOAR or put it in the gallery. Plus, can anybody help me name it? I want to add it to my Ravelry projects but it doesn't have name.

I also want to post here in case anyone has missed the notices or the website that the Shop will be closed on Saturday October 4th. Also, any webstore orders placed while I am at SOAR (between October 1st and 13th) will be shipped on the week of October 14th.

Also, keep your eyes open for the returning and improved Spindlicity on Ocotber 1st at www.spindlicity.com:-)

10 comments:

Kim said...

Beautiful! I'll bet it is even more incredible in person!

Kirstynn Evans said...

SOOOOO FAB! Did you spin those fibers! Absolutely FaB!!!! =)

Alwen said...

What pretty warm colors. I love how they go together.

Abby Franquemont said...

Whenever I have stuff in those ranges of colours and can't decide what to call them, I just call them "Beth's Problem."

Valerie said...

Beautiful shawl. I suggest naming it "Rainbow Sherbet".

Have fun at SOAR.

Anonymous said...

Beth, the shawl is just gorgeous! I can't wait to see it in person. Have fun at SOAR.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you can make some lemons from your lemonade. Or should I say cheese from your curds and whey?

It's a lovely shawl my friend.

Anonymous said...

The colors remind me of a spectacular sunset...The Sunset Shawl!!

Beautifully done..I love it. Oh, you could also call it MINE. Hehe!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous shawl, it makes me think of a rose garden.

BTW, you've been tagged by me on my blog, so you're it.

Anonymous said...

I think Abby hit the nail right on the head! Beth's Problem seems most appropriate! It is gorgeous, and you know you want to give it to me because you love me so dog gone much!!